Pumpkin Pie has been my absolute favorite food for as long as I can remember. I was the pickiest eater growing up and would not touch a vegetable, but I would ask for pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake. Every year that I can remember, I would make the pies for my family – eating spoonfuls of the batter as I made it, then a piece right out of the oven with ice cream, and then the leftovers cold for breakfast! As soon as I began eating a more plant-based diet, I knew this would be something I would miss most.
So.. I have since been on a mission to find a good vegan recipe! Also I needed it to not be the most stressful/confusing thing, with the most random, hard to find ingredients. After a lot of pinterest-ing, I think I have found a winner!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350
2. Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl:
- 1 16oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of coconut milk from the can (the fat creamy white portion)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 cup (3oz/84g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (3.7oz/105.3g) cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) cornstarch
3. Pour batter into your pie crust and put it in the oven for 45 minutes!
Once it comes out – let it sit for a few hours and then you’re good to go 🙂